Sunday, February 20, 2005

Rockets destroy the Wizards

In their 8th consecutive win, the Houston Rockets destroyed the Washington Wizards with ease. This season-high streak is boosting the Rockets record nicely (32-21), but the Mavericks, who are one spot above them in the Southwest Division, have had a four game winning streak themselves. The Memphis Grizzlies, who are in the fourth spot, are not far behind either (30-23).

Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady fought valiantly to take the Rockets to a 123-93 victory over the Wizards. Ming scored 23 points and held strong control on the inside, while opening it up for McGrady. McGrady sunk 34 points and was 14 of 22 from the floor.

"I needed this. I've been struggling a bit offensively the last few games. I put in some extra time in practice yesterday. It paid off today."
- Tracy McGrady

On the Wizards side, all-star Antawn Jamison played an exceptional game, scoring 23 points. Gilbert Arenas, on the other hand, was kept to scoring only 11 points. He has averaged at least 30 points in 10 of his last 15 games. Ming held him from gliding up to the rim.

1 comment:

AndyinUtah said...

Nice blog. I was hoping to read your Jazz and Rockets recap, but the day is still young! You can read my recap on the Utah Jazz Blog. I also included a link back to your blog as I think its the best Rocket blog I've found so far. Is missing Sura the problem? I'd like to see Yao have the ball more, but I don't see the Rockets alot, maybe he doesn't have it in him.