Sunday, October 26, 2008

You decide

Rafer Alston is out of criminal court and back on the basketball court. Congratulations to him for beating the rap. Did high-profile attorney Rusty Hardin put a legitimate case before the jury or was it a smoke-and-mirrors game often employed by those who can afford the best lawyers? View the arrest video and you decide.

This is a blog. It states opinion - my opinion - so here it is. If I had been on the jury and had to make a decision based on the video herein, I could not have found Alston guilty. Obviously, I couldn't smell his breath or look deeply into his eyes, but I can at least understand why the jury decided as it did. That doesn't change the fact that he had no business driving at 3:00 AM after having "a few drinks," but that is between him and his employer, both of whom have much to lose from an image problem.

So it's back to basketball and let the games begin!

No comments: